SkyWorks Announces Q3 2018 Activities
SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q3 2018 for its Asset Management, Investment Banking, & Management Consulting Groups.
Asset Management Group Activities:
Asset Management Services, provided through SkyWorks Leasing, included the following transactions:
- On behalf of Air Canada, SkyWorks arranged the sale of 25 E190 aircraft to Beautech Power Systems. Air Canada is gradually phasing out the type and the aircraft were leased back on short-term leases. The first aircraft were redelivered in September 2018 and the last will be retired in June 2020.
- SkyWorks is currently offering two 2006 vintage A330-300 (RR), available for sale or lease in November 2018.
Investment Banking & Management Consulting Group Activities:
Investment Banking and Management Consulting Services, provided through SkyWorks Capital, included the following:
- SkyWorks was engaged by a North American low-cost carrier to source eight new 737 MAX 8 aircraft, to be delivered in 2019.
- SkyWorks was engaged by a North American low-cost carrier to arrange a revolving credit facility secured by PDP payments.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related advisory services to a European flag carrier.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet- and network-related advisory services to Fiji Airways, including long-term market growth analysis and schedule-driven operational cost reduction and aircraft acquisition advisory services.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related advisory services to Royal Jordanian Airlines, including lease extension/returns and aircraft acquisition advisory services.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related advisory services to a North American low-cost carrier.
- SkyWorks worked with Spirit Airlines to source and negotiate leases for seven new A320neos with AerCap, to be delivered in December 2018 and 1H 2019.
- SkyWorks continued to act as arranger/advisor to Delta Air Lines under a 2018 engagement to arrangesale and leaseback financing for narrowbody aircraft.
- SkyWorks continued to act as an advisor to Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings in respect of the financing of
- 20 767-300ERFs that it is acquiring to operate for Amazon Fulfillment Services, Inc. In conjunction with this, SkyWorks arranged financing with a Japanese bank for the final 8 767-300ERFs. Three of the aircraft fundings were closed in June 2018.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks Holdings provides a full complement of asset management, investment banking, and management consulting services globally to the aviation industry through its subsidiaries. SkyWorks Leasing, which operates the firm’s Asset Management Group, is a leading independent aircraft remarketing, asset management, and technical advisory firm serving owners and operators of commercial aircraft. SkyWorks Capital, which operates the firm’s Investment Banking and Management Consulting Groups, is a premier aviation advisory and investment banking firm with key activities including aircraft order campaigns, arrangement of lease and debtfinancing, M&A related aircraft evaluations, restructuring advisory services, and network and fleet planning. SkyWorks’ services have encompassed over 10% of the global commercial jet fleet.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, with headquarters located at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT. 06830, Tel. 203-983-6677. www.skyworkscapital.com