SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q2 2018 for its Asset Management, Investment Banking, & Management Consulting Groups.
Asset Management Group Activities:
Asset Management Services, provided through SkyWorks Leasing, included transactions for nine aircraft and additional services as follows:
- On behalf of a U.S. investment fund, SkyWorks arranged the sale of six E175s on lease to Delta Air Lines.
- On behalf of a U.S. investor, SkyWorks managed the lease return of an A320 from Scoot Tigerair. SkyWorks also arranged a back-to-back lease to Orange2Fly, Greece.
- On behalf of Modern Logistics, a Brazilian 3PL and air freight operator, SkyWorks arranged a five yearsale-lease back for a 1989 built B737-400SF. The aircraft was acquired by AerSale, Inc. SkyWorks also sourced and arranged an operating lease for one additional B737-300SF. The aircraft is scheduled to deliver in July 2018 and will be the fourth B737SF in Modern’s fleet.
- On behalf of a U.S. investor, SkyWorks sold two PW4056 engines and a B747-400 airframe to two separate parties.
- SkyWorks is also offering two 2006 vintage A330-300 (RR), available for sale or lease in October 2018.
Investment Banking and Management Consulting Services Group Activities:
Investment Banking and Management Consulting Services, provided through SkyWorks Capital, included the following:
- SkyWorks was retained by a European flag carrier to provide fleet-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet- and network-related advisory services to Fiji Airways, including long-term market growth analysis and schedule-driven operational cost reduction and aircraft acquisition advisory services.
- SkyWorks continued to provide fleet-related advisory services to Royal Jordanian Airlines, including lease extension/returns and aircraft acquisition advisory services.
- SkyWorks continued to provide aircraft sourcing and fleet-related advisory services to a North American low cost carrier.
- SkyWorks continued to act as arranger/advisor to Delta Air Lines under a 2018 engagement to arrange sale and leaseback financing for narrowbody aircraft.
- SkyWorks continued to act on behalf of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings in respect of 20 767-300ERFs that it is acquiring to operate for Amazon Fulfillment Services, Inc. As previously announced, in 2017, 12 of these aircraft were funded via a Japanese bank (6 aircraft) and a private placement transaction (6 aircraft).
- SkyWorks acted as an arranger/advisor to an operating lessor to arrange debt financings for one 777-300ER on lease to Emirates and one 737-800 aircraft on lease to American Airlines that it acquired. The financing for the 777-300ER closed in 1Q 2018 with a consortium of banks, while the financing of the 737-800 aircraft closed in 2Q 2018 with a U.S.-based bank.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks Holdings provides a full complement of asset management, investment banking, and management consulting services globally to the aviation industry through its subsidiaries. SkyWorks Leasing, which operates the firm’s Asset Management Group, is a leading independent aircraft remarketing, asset management, and technical advisory firm serving owners and operators of commercial aircraft. SkyWorks Capital, which operates the firm’s Investment Banking and Management Consulting Groups, is a premier aviation advisory and investment banking firm with key activities including aircraft order campaigns, arrangement of lease and debtfinancing, M&A related aircraft evaluations, restructuring advisory services, and network and fleet planning. SkyWorks’ services have encompassed over 10% of the global commercial jet fleet.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, with headquarters located at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich CT. 06830, Tel. 203-983-6677. www.skyworkscapital.com
Managing Director & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Managing Director & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (303) 663-6630
Managing Director & Head of Management Consulting
+1 (203) 983-6685