XJuly 20, 2017 -
SkyWorks Announces Q2 2017 Activities
SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q2 2017 for its Asset Management, Investment Banking & Management Consulting Groups.
Asset Management Group Activities:
Asset Management Services, provided through SkyWorks Leasing, included transactions and additional
services as follows:
- SkyWorks was retained by Modern Logistics, a Brazilian logistics company, to source B737F aircraft and to arrange a sale lease-back on one B737-400F.
- SkyWorks advised a U.S.-based investor on the acquisition of one A319 and one A320 aircraft on lease to American Airlines, for which it has assumed management responsibilities.
- On behalf of a U.S. investor, SkyWorks provided investment analysis for 10 aircraft of which one A320 and one B777-300ER are currently under purchase LoI’s. SkyWorks has also been retained to remarket the following aircraft:
- Four B777-200ER aircraft, available for sale or lease in 2018/19.
- One B737-700 aircraft, available for sale or lease in 2018.
Investment Banking & Management Consulting Group Activities:
Investment Banking and Management Consulting Services, provided through SkyWorks Capital, included the
- On behalf of Air Canada, SkyWorks arranged JOLCO financing for two further 787-9 aircraft delivered by Boeing. These were the final two aircraft in a series of four 787 JOLCOs, being the first-ever JOLCO deals for Air Canada and in Canada. For the first of these aircraft, Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing underwrote the equity investment and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation provided the debt portion of the financing. For the second aircraft, FPG, advised by BNP Paribas, underwrote the equity, IBJ Leasing Company Limited provided a junior loan and BNP Paribas, Credit Industriel et Commercial and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank provided the senior debt portion of the financing.
- On behalf of a confidential client, SkyWorks arranged 2 separate senior secured debt facilities backed by 767F aircraft with two different commercial banks.
- On behalf of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, SkyWorks acted as Financial Advisor in respect of its $289mm public offering of convertible notes.
- SkyWorks was engaged by a European flag carrier to provide fleet- and network-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks provided fleet- and network-related advisory services to a Caribbean flag carrier. SkyWorks provided fleet- and network-related advisory services to an Asia Pacific flag carrier. SkyWorks provided due diligence and debt restructuring advisory services to a Middle East investor.
- SkyWorks continued to serve as arranger/advisor to Delta Air Lines under a 2016 engagement to arrange sale and leaseback financing for 22 narrowbody aircraft (a combination of A321s and 737-900ERs) and three A330s. During the quarter, three aircraft closings were completed.
- SkyWorks continued to serve as an advisor to the Unsecured Creditors Committee in the Republic Airways Chapter 11 Bankruptcy restructuring. The assignment was completed with Republic’s emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy effective on May 1, 2017.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks Holdings provides a full complement of asset management, investment banking, and management consulting services globally to the aviation industry through its subsidiaries SkyWorks Leasing and SkyWorks Capital. SkyWorks Leasing, which operates the firm’s Asset Management Group, is a leading independent aircraft remarketing firm and provides turnkey third-party portfolio asset management, remarketing, and technical advisory services for owners and operators of commercial aircraft. SkyWorks Capital, which operates the firm’s Investment Banking and Management Consulting Groups, is a premier aviation advisory and investment banking firm founded in 2002.
SkyWorks has performed services encompassing over 10% of the global commercial jet fleet. SkyWorks has advised on aircraft order campaigns for over 1,100 aircraft; arranged lease and debt financing of more than $20 Billion; performed asset management and servicing on over 150 aircraft with over 80 aircraft currently under management; remarketed and traded over 250 aircraft; undertaken portfolio and M&A related evaluations on over 2,600 aircraft; performed restructuring advisory in connection with more than 1,800 aircraft; and provided network and fleet planning advisory encompassing 300 aircraft.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, and with senior team members located in additional regions around the world.
SkyWorks is headquartered at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT. 06830, Tel. 203-983-6677.
Managing Director & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Managing Director & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (303) 663-6630
Managing Director & Head of Management Consulting
+1 (203) 983-6685