SkyWorks Announces Q1 2017 Activities
SkyWorks Announces Q1 2017 Activities
SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q1 2017 for its Asset Management, Investment Banking & Management Consulting Groups.
Asset Management Group Activities:
Asset Management Services, provided through SkyWorks Leasing, included transactions for 34 aircraft and additional services as follows:
- SkyWorks sourced and advised a U.S. based investor on the acquisition of one A319 aircraft on lease to American Airlines.
- SkyWorks arranged the sale of a portfolio of 10 A319 aircraft on lease to American Airlines on behalf of a U.S. investor.
- SkyWorks arranged extensions of the leases for two A320s with Bangkok Airways on behalf of a U.S. based investor.
- SkyWorks arranged the sale of five ERJ145LRs in connection with United Airlines lease expiries on behalf of a U.S. based investor.
- On behalf of a U.S. investor, SkyWorks provided investment analysis for 16 aircraft.
- SkyWorks has also been retained to remarket the following aircraft:
- Three 2002/3-vintage A330-200s, available immediately for sale or lease.
- Five 1998-2000-vintage DHC8-300s, available for sale or lease in July 2017.
- Two 1992-vintage B767-300ER aircraft, available for sale in November and December 2017.
- One 1996-vintage B757-200, available immediately for sale or lease.
For information on these aircraft, please contact Johan Claesson at email@example.com.
Investment Banking & Management Consulting Group Activities:
Investment Banking and Management Consulting Services, provided through SkyWorks Capital, included the following:
- On behalf of AeroMexico, SkyWorks arranged a JOLCO for the third 787-9 aircraft delivered by Boeing to AeroMexico (MSN 43861). Yamasa provided the equity financing, Commerzbank was the Facility Agent and NTT Finance, JA Mitsui, IBJ Leasing and Showa Leasing were lenders.
- On behalf of Air Canada, SkyWorks arranged JOLCO financing for two 787-9 aircraft delivered by Boeing. The landmark transactions were the first-ever JOLCO deals for Air Canada and in Canada. For the first aircraft, Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing underwrote the equity investment and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation provided the debt portion of the financing. For the second aircraft, FPG, advised by FPG-AIM, underwrote the equity and DVB Bank SE and Mega International Commercial Bank provided the debt portion of the financing.
- On behalf of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, SkyWorks arranged a three-year $150 million secured revolving credit facility for general corporate purposes, including financing the acquisition and conversion of 767 aircraft prior to obtaining permanent financing for them.
- On behalf of Air Greenland, SkyWorks completed a comparative evaluation of different widebody replacement alternatives for its A330-200 aircraft.
- SkyWorks was engaged by a Caribbean flag carrier to provide fleet- and network-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks was engaged by an Asia Pacific flag carrier to provide fleet- and network-related advisory services.
- SkyWorks was engaged by a Middle East investor to provide due diligence and debt restructuring advisory services.
- SkyWorks continued to serve as arranger/advisor to Delta Air Lines under a 2016 engagement to arrange sale and leaseback financing for 22 narrowbody aircraft (a combination of A321s and 737-900ERs) and three A330s. During the quarter, five aircraft closings were completed.
- SkyWorks continued to serve as an advisor to the Unsecured Creditors Committee in the Republic Airways Chapter 11 Bankruptcy restructuring.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks Holdings provides a full complement of asset management, investment banking, and management consulting services globally to the aviation industry through its subsidiaries SkyWorks Leasing and SkyWorks Capital. SkyWorks Leasing, which operates the firm’s Asset Management Group, is a leading independent aircraft remarketing firm and provides turnkey third-party portfolio asset management, remarketing, and technical advisory services for owners and operators of commercial aircraft. SkyWorks Capital, which operates the firm’s Investment Banking and Management Consulting Groups, is a premier aviation advisory and investment banking firm founded in 2002.
SkyWorks has performed services encompassing over 10% of the global commercial jet fleet. SkyWorks has advised on aircraft order campaigns for over 1,100 aircraft; arranged lease and debt financing of more than $20 Billion; performed asset management and servicing on over 150 aircraft with over 80 aircraft currently under management; remarketed and traded over 250 aircraft; undertaken portfolio and M&A related evaluations on over 2,600 aircraft; performed restructuring advisory in connection with more than 1,800 aircraft; and provided network and fleet planning advisory encompassing 300 aircraft.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, and with senior team members located in additional regions around the world.
Managing Director & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Managing Director & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (303) 663-6630
Managing Director & Head of Management Consulting
+1 (203) 983-6685