- Largest independent arranger of commercial aircraft financing from private markets
- Over US$ 20 bn of aircraft financing raised
- More than US$ 20 bn of M&A assignments performed
- US$ 10 bn of financial obligations restructured
- Largest fleet restructuring in airline industry history in connection with Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of American Airlines
- Numerous repeat financings arranged on behalf of clients, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Scandinavian Airlines
- Excellent relationships with all major lessors and aviation lenders, as well as many less traditional aircraft financing sources
- State-of-the-art analytical capabilities and access to key industry data
- When our clients need to raise financing, they come to us for help in identifying the most attractive options and securing the lowest pricing. Given the wide variety of possible financing sources, reliable evaluation and execution of the best financing available can provide a significant competitive advantage.
- SkyWorks is the largest independent arranger of commercial aircraft financing, having arranged over $20 billion of all types of financing across a broad range of airline credits and aircraft types. We maintain excellent relationships with all of the major lessors and aviation lenders, as well as many less traditional aircraft financing sources.
Capital Raising and Placement
- The right capital structure is essential to the financial and economic success of an airline. To help our clients, SkyWorks maintains close relationships with institutional investors active within the aviation industry. We have the contacts and experience to investigate all possible sources of capital before recommending the most prudent course of action to our clients.
- Our subsidiary SkyWorks Securities, LLC is a registered securities broker-dealer with the Connecticut State Banking Department and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm is also a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation. We provide securities-related services to institutional clients in the aviation industry.
Restructuring: Fleet & Financial
- Understanding the complexities of business operations, labor, capital structure, aircraft financing instruments, and aircraft collateral is essential to managing a successful restructuring. The SkyWorks team has assisted airlines, lessors and bondholders with the restructuring of billions of dollars of financial commitments involving a wide range of financial instruments and in rapidly improving earnings as part of consensual and in-court processes.
- SkyWorks approaches restructuring projects in a balanced manner, working diligently to achieve solutions that reach the economic goals of our client and tactfully to preserve a long-term business relationship with the counterparty.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Identifying and quantifying the true value of an M&A opportunity requires robust financial analysis and the right mix of both broad and deep industry knowledge. The influence of an ever-changing market landscape on potential deals drives the need for flexible solutions that are based on real time due diligence.
- SkyWorks’ experts have served as trusted advisors on multiple M&A transactions, and we strive to maximize value for our clients at every stage of the transaction life cycle. Our M&A advisory practice has developed broad analytical capabilities and provides both buy- and sell-side advisory services, due diligence, synergy and reorganization analysis, and valuation support.
- SkyWorks’ exclusive focus on aviation makes us uniquely qualified to provide due diligence services in support of M&A or investment activities in the airline, aircraft, maintenance, aircraft leasing and aviation-related industries. Our team members are experienced at interfacing with legal, finance and accounting professionals to provide comprehensive target screening and in-depth analysis of potential opportunities and risks.
- In the case of airlines, maintenance providers, and other aviation-related services companies, our due diligence services include review of business strategy, business plans, financial projections and contracts to create a detailed assessment of the target company, including evaluation of its strategic position, competitive strengths and weaknesses, operations and management, and balance sheet strength, as well as past, current and future financial performance.
- In the case of aircraft lessors, SkyWorks provides buy-side and sell-side due diligence support related to aircraft portfolios and leasing companies through our state-of-the-art analytical capabilities and access to key industry data. In addition to performing general corporate assessments, we review all associated contracts; assess maintenance-adjusted values, lease rates and lessee credit; and evaluate the market for certain assets and asset classes.